Search for atmospheres
Finnish wood burning sauna
Wood burning sauna
After a long day you are relaxing in the sauna. A fierce fire is burning inside the kiuas (stove) the birch and pine logs crackling nicely. The water tank attached to the kiuas is bubbling as the water inside boils gently. You throw loyly (water on the heated stones on/in the stove)and the steam envelopes you. You reach for the vihta (a bunch of fresh birch twigs with the still green leaves attached and tied together, a bit like a short broom)and repeatedly and gently switch yourself with it. Your skin tingles and your stiff muscles soften as blood begins to circulate around and through them. You throw more loyly and the relaxing heat seeps into your tired muscles and bones. You crack open a cold can, take a drink and you sigh deeply as the days stress leaves you.
Comments for "Wood burning sauna"
License details for "Wood burning sauna"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Boiling and burning by By Jasonmchi www.freesound.org + Mariusz Jasionowicz +)
- Filling bath slowly by By Mariusz jasionowicz - RareSound Production - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- male sigh by chrillz3r from http://freesound.org *)
- Drink can, opening, drinking by Iceofdoom, Handfan from freesound.org edited and combined by Piikkis +)
- Sauna_vihtoa_birch_leaves by juskiddink from http://freesound.org edited by Piikkis +)
- Sauna_water_on_the_stove_twice by juskiddink from http://freesound.org edited by Piikkis +)
- sauna_wood_burning_kiuas by juskiddink from http://freesound.org edited by Piikkis +)
- creaking chair by ryancacophony from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license