Search for atmospheres
Lady or the Tiger
Who came out of the door?
"All was ready. The signal was given. A door beneath the royal party opened, and the lover of the princess walked into the arena. Tall, beautiful, fair, his appearance was greeted with a low hum of admiration and anxiety. Half the audience had not known so grand a youth had lived among them. No wonder the princess loved him! What a terrible thing for him to be there"(¶ 12).
-Frank R. Stockton
In the short story of the Lady or the Tiger, a young lad is placed on an arena trail by the King due to his secretive relationship with his daughter. During the arena trail, his fate rest in his lover hand of deciding the door of whether or not he lived by getting marry a beautiful lady or die being eaten by a tiger. The setting takes place in a crowded arena within the barbaric king kingdom. By given the text " Every heart stopped beating, every breath was held, every eye was fixed immovably upon that man" provided the suspenseful and stressful mood of the story.
Comments for "Who came out of the door?"
License details for "Who came out of the door?"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Female Gasp by FloydP from http://www.freesound.org *)
- Heartbeat Enhanced by HerbertBoland from freesound.org +)
- Huge Crowd by Keekabeeks +)
- echoing steps by ocelma from http://freesound.org +)
- Battle Drums by TroisNyxEtienne +)
- Dungeon Door Close by Unknown +)
- Dungeon Door Open by Unknown +)
- Jerome Valeska Laugh by Youtube.com +)
*) Soundsnap.com license