Search for atmospheres
The Bloody Chamber
The Marquis' Castle
"And, ah! his castle. The faery solitude of the place; with its turrets of misty blue, its courtyard, its spiked gate, his castle that lay on the very bosom of the sea with seabirds mewing about its attics, the casements opening on to the green and purple, evanescent departures of the ocean, cut off by the tide from land for half a day ... that castle, at home neither on the land nor on the water, a mysterious, amphibious place, contravening the materiality of both earth and the waves, with the melancholy of a mermaiden who perches on her rock and waits, endlessly, for a lover who had drowned far away, long ago. That lovely, sad, sea-siren of a place!"
- Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Comments for "The Marquis' Castle"
License details for "The Marquis' Castle"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- female sigh by http://freesound.org" +)
- Piano practice by https://freesound.org/people/errinerung/ +)
- Keys Jingling Keys by jellybelly +)
- calm fireplace by kangaroo +)
- seagull on beach by squashy555 from https://www.freesound.org/people/squashy555/sounds/353416/ +)
- page flip by www.soundsnap.com *)
- Ocean waves by xserra from freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license