Search for atmospheres
Existential Crisis is Underrated
The Happiest Melancholy
If you've ever sat down on a sofa in a dark room during the early hours of the morning alone, even though everyone else is awake, but drinking and having fun, then you'll know how the situation feels. It's extremely morose, yet you feel resigned to it, so you lay your head back, wrap up in a soft blanket, and listen to the sounds around you, immersing yourself into bittersweet thoughts. In this moment, all that matters is the music playing on the television and the cat on the couch's cushion above you that's sleeping. It's slightly surreal every now and then; catching a playful shout or yelp and the clinking of glass bottles makes you feel maudlin. You would join them, but why do that when you can lounge here listening to the rain through the open window behind your head?
Comments for "The Happiest Melancholy"
License details for "The Happiest Melancholy"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Cat Purrs by amsempl from http://www.freesound.org/people/amsempl/sounds/151951/ +)
- Texting on Phone by anagar +)
- Cars passing on a wet street by By Kyster, Longshot - www.freesound.org +)
- Clock Ticking by keweldog from http://freesound.org +)
- Forest Morning Rain by kvgarlic from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Snowfall by ShadyDave from http://freesound.org +)
- Drinking Sip Swallow Gasp 2 by Stevious42 on http://wwwfreesound.org +)
- running footsteps by vmgraw (creative commons 0, public domain, freesound.org) +)