Search for atmospheres
Meeting Place of the Inklings
The Eagle & Child
Step into the back room of the Eagle & Child Pub (endearingly known as the Bird & Baby) where the Inklings held their [in]famous meetings and discussions of literature, linguistics, philosophy, theology, and a host of other engaging topics. Just imagine the early readings and critiques of the manuscripts for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, and the works of Charles Williams, Owen Barfield, George Sayers, and others. Perhaps a little inspiration will rub off on us all.
Comments for "The Eagle & Child"
License details for "The Eagle & Child"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Writing with a quill by DarkDeej +)
- Page Flip by Flag2 +)
- Quiet British Pub by Fogma from http://freesound.org +)
- Walking on Wood Floor* by http://freesound.org +)
- steady fireplace by kangaroo +)
- songbirds and cuckoo Finland by Leona Henry *)
- Residential Traffic by Mzui from http://freesound.org +)
- Pouring hot tea by Taira Komori from freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license