Search for atmospheres
A sci-fi soundscape
In the heart of the Star-ship.
At the centre of every star-ship, there is a beating heart.
The crew regard her as a being, a living entity with its own soul; they treat her as a sentient individual, an equal; to them, she is more than just a machine, more than a metal shell that provides protection from the vastness of space — a friend.
In the belly of the ship, when one closes their eyes, listening beyond the beeps and buzzes, they can hear the great machine breathing, pulsing — Living.
This is one of the ambiences I use for working, to fill the silent void, to help me forget where I am and to focus on the task at hand. I prefer it played at a reduced volume, and I hope that you too enjoy this full-bodied soundscape.
Comments for "In the heart of the Star-ship."
License details for "In the heart of the Star-ship."
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Mechanical Ambience by Beanorbear +)
- Atmosphere 2 by interspace at http://99sounds.org/interspace/ +)
- Taurus 2 by Karl Welty at Cloverfield Audio Production +)
- Deep Space by PMSFX at zapsplat +)
- Deep space vibrations by rhodesmas from http://freesound.org +)
- Deep impact by soundsnap.com *)
- Enterprise Bridge No Beep by TrekCore +)
- Flyby by XRT from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license