Search for atmospheres
Sunrise Over Babylon
Step onto a rocky outcrop and watch as the shadows around you resolve into clarity. The gray predawn light begins to soften as the sun rises above the horizon, its light a burnt orange through the dusty air. Look down, past the fields of young barley to the Great River Euphrates. Follow its course as it bisects the warm brown stone of Babylon. It feels as if the city itself were awakening as the yellow and mud red dwellings glow with the sunlight while an energetic wind stirs up billows of dust through the streets. Its citizens too are coming to life and you know that within a few hours the city will be bustling with activity. In this moment, before the noisy crowds, before the sun bleaches the landscape, before the Euphrates turns a murky brown, it is beautiful. In this moment, it feels like a new beginning.
Comments for "Babylon"
License details for "Babylon"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Little Planet by Ben Sound,http://www.bensound.com +)
- Wind on Field by felix.blume from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Arabian Flute by Gözelim +)
- Hand Drums 1 by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- Hand Drums 3 by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- Desert monolith by Proxima4 from freesound.org +)
- Distant rolling thunder by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license