Search for atmospheres
for the poem "An Ancient Temple"
1st Ancient Temple
The long ago songs of a bell
weaved this spider web; in the column's crevices,
grown outward, one sees annual rings there for the counting.
No memories are here; stones
that merely scattered the echoes in this mountain valley,
have no memories.
That little path, even, by-passed it;
its dragons and strange birds are gone.
They took with them the silent bells that hung from the eaves.
They took the unrecorded legends of the place, too.
The words on the walls are all worn clean and torn.
it caught on fire
one could read the words on the inside.
See the annual growths of the wild grasses,
They don't care if they submit to any master,
to the shoes of the old monks,
or to the winds, either.
Out front the sky is held up by a broken stone tablet.
Still, led by the gaze of some living person,
the tortoise may revive and
come out carrying his heavy secret,
crawl right out there on the temple's threshold.
Comments for "1st Ancient Temple"
License details for "1st Ancient Temple"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Silent monks chanting by cormi from http://freesound.org +)
- reverb birds by dj zentao from http://djzentao.bandcamp.com or http://www.myspace.com/djzentao +)
- Rockslide by Freesound.ord +)
- Soft Wind by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- Buddhist Chant by http://freesound.org +)
- garden chimes by monterey2000 from http://freesound.org +)
- Light rain by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Quiet Breezy Leaves by Spleencast from http://freesound.org +)